Applications are due by September 29, 2019
Applications are now being taken for consideration as a candidate for election to the Board of Trustees. There are three 3-year positions to fill. The terms officially begin January 1, 2020. Candidates must have been a member of Unity of Walnut Creek since January 1, 2019 or before. Voting will take place at the annual meeting on Sunday, November 3.
The greatest responsibility one has as a Board member is to hold the spiritual trust of the membership. Upon acceptance of a position on the Board of Trustees, every Board member accepts certain responsibilities and agrees to support and represent Board decisions. The Board works together, using spiritual principles, to uphold the highest and best interest of our community.
The Board's major areas of responsibility are to:
1. Set Policy
2. Hire/Support the Minister
3. Be an Advocate
4. Fundraise and Be the Ministry's Financial Steward
5. Monitor and Evaluate Ministry and Property
6. Vision and Plan for the Future
Please note this application is the first step in the process and does not guarantee a place on the ballot.
1) The Nominating Committee will review all applications and consider the needs and fit for the overall board and you will be notified by October 4.
2) If you are selected as a candidate for election, email a bio and photo no later than October 11 to Peter Weiler and attend the Annual Meeting on Sunday, November 3, where you will be asked to make a brief introduction.
If you have questions, email Nominating Committee chairperson Jan Rudolph or call her at 510-917-5186.
Information for question 4: The board meets each month, usually the 4th Wednesdays, 7:00 p.m until 9:30 or 10:00 pm (with an optional dinner at 6:30 pm). Time commitment includes10-12 hours/month on average, not including Sunday services:
- Preparedness and attendance at all Board meetings (1/month)
- Congregational business meetings (1-2/year)
- Community Gatherings (1/quarter after services)
- Board retreats, training and orientation (2/year)
- Planning meetings and committee work (as needed)
- Fundraising and special events (3/year)
- Strategic planning and other activities expected of board trustees and key leaders including having a presence at Sunday services and churchwide events at Unity
- One board member also counts the love offering with a staff member on Mondays at 10:00 am.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration and interest!