Join us for fun and connection at these 2019 events especially for our children, teenagers and their families. Unless otherwise stated, the events are held at Unity.
- TBA: Leadership Workshop, Aptos, CA. A unique oppportunity for Youth of Unity and Youth Education leaders to develop supportive leadership concepts and skills.
- Feb. 10: Valentine Bake Sale. Love-inspired baked goods and treats will be sold on the patio after Sunday services to raise funds for upcoming family get-togethers and events.
- Feb. 23: Crab Feed, Centre Concord. One of the kids’ favorite service events. The youth love to wait on the wonderful attendees. After, go bowling next door at the Clayton Valley Bowl with the generous tips they receive.
- April 21: Special Easter Sunday service.
- TBA: Pot Decorating and Planting Party. Fun times preparing for the Plant Sale fundraiser.
- April 28: Volunteer Picnic. The annual picnic to celebrate and honor the many volunteers at Unity. The youngsters participate by singing songs or presenting short plays. Come join us in the celebration!
- May 6 and 13: Plant Sale Fundraiser. Sell plants on the patio after Sunday services to raise funds for a proposed Preteen Retreat in the summer.
- TBA: YOU Spring Rally, Clovis Educational Center in Sonora. At this rally, the teens participate in spiritual dancing, drumming circle and lessons with their camp families, which are comprised of teens from different chapters from the West Central Region of Unity. The YOUers also elect and install the regional team for this year.
- TBA: Stinson Beach Campout in Olema. This is a repeat of a very successful and fun YOU event from prior years. Open to all youngsters and their families. The two-night stay includes a day at Stinson Beach with an excursion to Point Reyes Station and the Farmer's Market.
- TBA: Peacemakers/YOU Retreat at Snowflower Ranch. The YOUers prepare and facilitate spiritual lessons for the Peacemakers based on a central theme.
- Oct. 26: Fall fundraiser for Unity, Shadelands Art Center, Walnut Creek. This event is a must for all families and kids of all ages! Please let us know if you would like to help organize it.
- TBA: YOU Fall Rally in Aptos. The teens participate in various workshops, spiritual dancing, drumming circles, etc. in camp families, comprised of teens from many chapters in the West Central Region of Unity. A pivotal event for our teens!
- Nov. 21: Thanksgiving Day Meal at Unity.
- Dec. 1-2: Y.O.U. Christmas Dinner and Dance with Lock In. A time for all present and past YOUers from all chapters to get together and enjoy the holiday season and celebrate the incoming new year!
- Dec. 8: Meal For Families at the Central County Interim Shelter in Concord. We prepare the meal at Unity, transport it to the shelter, serve and join with those present in a sumptious meal!
- Dec. 9: Family Holiday Gift Making Party. A holiday party for our children and failies but all are welcome to join us. There will be music, laughter, fun, food and gift making in celebration of the season.
- Dec. 18: Christmas Caroling, Kensington Retirement Home. Our talented children and family carolers treat the residents of the Kensington Retirement Community (just down the road from Unity) to singing and desserts.
- Dec. 24: Christmas Eve Services. At the family service at 5:30 pm, the children’s service is a favorite holiday tradition for the children and their families (and lots of other people at Unity too).
- Dec. 31: Burning Bowl Ceremony. On New Year’s Eve, release the old that no longer serves you and bring in your good for the New Year. Children will meet at 6:00 pm in the CommUnity Room for preparing letters and go into the Sanctuary at 7:00 pm.